Beer Month Day 13: Audacious Apricot

Labels:

I've had Pyramid's Apricot Ale before. It was the first fruity beer that I liked. Until Pyramid I assumed all fruity beers were bad after tasting a few duds from other breweries. Pyramid has since renamed this beer Audacious Apricot Ale and it continues to please.

I'm not sure what most other breweries are thinking with their fruity beers. The fruit flavor never comes out tasting like their namesake fruit. You end up with weird artificial fruit flavors that ruin the beer. The apricot flavor in Pyramid's Apricot Ale tastes like actual apricots. It is a hefeweizen and one of my favorite versions of the style. I also like Pyramid's Haywire Hefeweizen; I imagine their recipes are similar. The apricot and hefeweizen flavors are really well balanced making for a very tasty and refreshing beer.

Comments (0)

Post a Comment