Beer Month Day 10: Brother Thelonious

Labels:


I have some catching up to do. We drank Brother Thelonious on Saturday and I'm just now getting around to writing about it. I've found that drinking beer every day isn't hard. Writing about it every day is a bit more difficult. I've slacked off the last few days so now it's time to get back into it.

We bought the big bottle of Brother Thelonious on our last trip to North Coast Brewery along with their 20th Anniversary Ale that we'll be drinking in another week. Visiting North Coast is always a priority when we make a trip to Fort Bragg. Stephanie and I have been to a lot of breweries and North Coast is one of our favorites.

The Brother Thelonious poured a clear dark brown with lots of bubbles. It smelled strong, malty and sweet. A 9.4% Belgium style ale has no business being so smooth and delicious. I didn't take notes and I drank this beer a couple days ago so I can't provide minute details but I really enjoyed this beer. It had a fantastic balance of malt, hops and yeast with a very complex flavor. My recommendation may be a bad indication of how true this brew is to the Abbey/Belgium style since I'm usually not a fan but I thought Brother Thelonious was fantastic. And just look at that label, that has to be one of the coolest looking beer bottles out there!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment